Re: Do I need the 500gb dvr?
crambo1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This was posted in 2008.  I have QIP7232-P2, that has the USB port, but the it's still version 1.8.  I've been trying to see what I like about FiOS.  Of my 4 TVs, I started with 2 TVs on Fios, but quickly sent one STB back. 

Negatives: It took 4 months of dozens and dozens of phone calls fighting the bait and switch sceme with their "incentives" (charging me for features that were offered for free for 12 months), double billing my phone features, charging me for a STB for 2 months after I returned it (I used UPS and have their signature 17 hours after I shipped it), and stonewalling me whenever I call.  I never talked so much with Verizon or their Bell predecessor, as I have for the past 4 months. 

Positive: I do like the ability to record with the DVR, and it's easy to use.  

Limitations: They make us "rent" their DVR (actual cost of a new one isn't very much), they limit it's capabilities, and they only provide it with a small HD. 

No Change: My picture is exactly the same as what I get over the airwaves on my 3 other TVs - FOR FREE.    I suppose I can buy my own DVR and get rid of FiOS.

Only Question: So what are they waiting for, before they get version 1.9 out ?  

0 Likes