Do any apps, besides the FiOS app, work for TV channels?
binkman71

I have tried Disney Channel app, Disney XD app, HBO GO, and Showtime Anytime.  For all of these, I tell them I have FiOS, it takes me to a Verizon login page, I sign in, it says "Not Entitled.  To watch videos, you will need to subscribe to FiOS TV with <channel>.  Order online now."

Now, my FiOS Mobile app works fine, same user name and password.  

I tried using the Verizon live chat support, but was told the problem wasn't on Verizon's end.  That it is with the app makers -- all of them.  That I should contact Disney, HBO, and Showtime and tell them their apps don't work.  

First, that obviously isn't the case since the verification log in page is provided by Verizon.  Second, I know durn well if I even contact the app makers, I'm going to be told "Check with Verizon, we have nothing to do with it."

So...any ideas from anyone?  I've seen other posts here related to this, but none recently.  Has anyone gotten these apps to work?

Very frustrated.

0 Likes
Re: Do any apps, besides the FiOS app, work for TV channels?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

What device?

My notes written emphesising PC use

"Probably you need to LOGOFF the Verizon website first.

SEE My notes that follow.

A bunch of things lead to problems loging into HBO GO and many other Online Channel sites.

• You must get HBO (or whatever channel you are trying to use) from Verizon
  • At least the first time you may first have to sign out of the Verizon site.  It gets confused easily.
  • You must allow third party cookies
  • You must be running Flash, Flash must be allowed to store info for third parties.
  • You must not have your Browser options set to delete Information when exiting Browser.  Flash takes this as deleting information when exiting a site.

The general way it works is for you to go to HBO GO site.  Ask to look at something and it switches in a FRAME pointing to VERIZON and you signin. Verizon stores some information in flash and returns. That information must still be there so that HBO accepts you as authorized. "

binkman71

I have tried on my PC, I have tried on my iPad.  Neither works.  I always get the same response.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Assuming you are entitled, this is exactly how it behaves if

• You don't allow third party cookies and flash
  • or if you have the browser set to delete browsing history on exit. 
  • Also when using some flavors of Internet security packages.

The information about you entitlement gets lost between your Logon and the channel site you are trying to view.  Remember you are switching between two different companies sites.

0 Likes
binkman71

That might be true for the PC, but is not true for the iPad, which doesn't allow Flash.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@binkman71 wrote:

That might be true for the PC, but is not true for the iPad, which doesn't allow Flash.

Yes it is.  Not sure what it uses instead of Flash, but it behaves roughly the same.  Essentially using web browser like functions.

0 Likes
Cricketics
Enthusiast - Level 2
Used to happen to me. I tried to login on watch espn and it took me to verizon page, where I had to log in. I thought it will revert back to watchespn once I log in, but it did not.

So here is what I did. I just opened another tab. My initial tab where I went from watchespn to verizon site is already open. So i visit watch espn again on new tab and it has already accepted my credentials and if not accepted, it is letting me select my provider but not asking for credentials again and is ready to go.
0 Likes