Does an internet outage cause the STB to reboot?
RG625
Enthusiast - Level 3

Last night (Central NJ) around 7pm, our STB (VMS1100) rebooted (rotating brackets) as evident by the frozen picture/no sound followed by blackness on the TV (Samsung Q70).  First thing I thought of was firmware update but when the issue resolved it's self, it still 6.8. The TV (connected via Ethernet directly to the Quantum router) said it was having issues connecting to the internet and sure enough, when I went to the TV's Youtube app, no thumbnails loaded.  I didn't think to look at the lights on the Quantum router.  When the STB came back up, everything was OK.

My question is, if there's an internet outage, does the STB generally reboot? Or, would a STB reboot cause the TV to loose it's Ethernet connection? Because I'm not sure if there was another problem. Thanks.

We've had the desktop ONT and quantum router w/ gig internet for about a year with no issues until now but we installed a 4k tv two days ago.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does an internet outage cause the STB to reboot?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It shouldn't reboot, but when the STB comes back up it will give you a connectivity error due to the internet being down. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It shouldn't reboot, but when the STB comes back up it will give you a connectivity error due to the internet being down. 

RG625
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks. We'll see if it happens again.