Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Does anyone know how to set up a parental conrol for purchasing premium channels or VOD?

Marge
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know how to set up a parental conrol for purchasing premium channels or VOD?

Message 1 of 3
(3,159 Views)

My daughter ordered HBO by mistake using a remote....she could not explain how it happened..she was playin with the remote and by mistake got into the ordering stream and did not know how to get out from it. I would like to set up a password protected block for ordering premium channels and VOD. Does anyone know how to set that up? I checked the menu/setings/parental control...but it does not have a "control for ordering" option...is there any other way to do that?

2 REPLIES 2
Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Does anyone know how to set up a parental conrol for purchasing premium channels or VOD?

Message 2 of 3
(3,126 Views)

There is an option for requiring a PIN for VOD purchase.  You can use tell the box to use the same PIN as parental controls, or set a different one.  Don't know if that would prevent "accidental" ordering of premium channels, but it will work for any VOD purchase attempts.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Does anyone know how to set up a parental conrol for purchasing premium channels or VOD?

Message 3 of 3
(3,027 Views)

I prefer to keep my purchase pin seperated. Only draw back is if the user has the parental control PIN i believe they can change box setting including the purchase pin. I may be wrong. I used to give some people the ability to overide parental controls, but if they wanted to purchase something it asked for a different pin. Just to keep my costs down.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.