Does the DVR/STB have to be on the LAN for In-Home Agent to work?
Nightfly

I'm a brand new user and am trying to learn the the new features that Fios brings to the party.  When my install was done I asked that the wireless feature be disabled on the router (I have a good wired network for my PCs and they were all connected to the supplied router).  All of my services work (TV, Ph, Internet) but I just noticed that when I go to In-Home Agent, the only selectable option is that for Internet.  I have a sneaky suspicion that the DVR/STB are controlled over the network.

• Can I connect the DVR to my wired network (Ethernet connection) and get the In-Home Agent functionality back?
0 Likes
Re: Does the DVR/STB have to be on the LAN for In-Home Agent to work?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Verizon boxes communicate with the LAN via MoCA.  This is done over the coaxial cable.  If you have guide information then that is working properly.  Youy don't need wireless and the RJ-45 on the back of the STB is not active, so "hooking up" to your wired network would do no good.

0 Likes
Nightfly

Thank you for the speedy reply.  I seem to have that "Bad Gateway" error I've seen mentioned in other threads.  I just wanted to make sure I didn't have a hardware issue before calling.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

it's been suggested that the bad gateway is simply a browser issue, so make sure your set top boxes have an ip address (menu>settings>system info and make sure it says network online. 

if it has both, then try a different browser like google chrome or firefox or safari.    clear cache, cookies, temp files etc...

Also try the contact us and chat support vs over the phone for this specific problem.  I found the chat guys are especially good at fixing this type of an issue.

0 Likes