Does the Newer STB Require a Verizon Modem?
xaquinn86

I have had Fios internet for a few years using my personal router. I recently decided to upgrade and add tv as well. I purchased an ActionTec ECB6200 to use as the MoCa bridge. The set top box will not complete it's setup because it passes the verizon network detect test, and gets the good time stamp from moca tx but it will not detect the router (error code 1301). Is there a special setting or step to get this to work, or does the newer STB require a verizon modem regardless?

0 Likes
Re: Does the Newer STB Require a Verizon Modem?
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@xaquinn86 wrote:

I have had Fios internet for a few years using my personal router. I recently decided to upgrade and add tv as well. I purchased an ActionTec ECB6200 to use as the MoCa bridge. The set top box will not complete it's setup because it passes the verizon network detect test, and gets the good time stamp from moca tx but it will not detect the router (error code 1301). Is there a special setting or step to get this to work, or does the newer STB require a verizon modem regardless?

You need a Verizon router to register the box, then only for firmware updates. There are several posts about using your own router here.

0 Likes