Switch Account

Download Fios TV?

Highlighted
Contributor smartypants1000
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(12,117 Views)

Does anyone know of any way to download FIOS TV onto your computer?  Is there some sort of program to do this?

TiVo had a great program that allowed me to download shows to my computer (at which time I would convert them to view on my iPod), but I haven't found any comparable software to work with FIOS.

Anyone know of a way to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Contributor a1rodger
Contributor
Message 2 of 4
(12,010 Views)
Not exactly a download, but this is what I'm doing. If you have Media Center either in windows XP or Vista version. Pick up a Hauppage (SP) or some other tv tuner card and run cables from the set top box to it. It may even come with a universal ir blaster to change the channel. That will allow you to record TV or movies straight from the STB.
Contributor counterpublic
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(11,934 Views)

I had a similar question, actually.  My brother-in-law wanted to watch the debates tonight, but had to work.  Normally (i.e. before I got this FiOS DVR) I would record the program for him so he could watch it later.  But, then I realized that with this DVR, I don't know how I could do that.

Is there a way to do this without investing in a bunch of other equiptment?  There's a USB port on the front of the DVR, but I seem to remember someone saying that there is not software that will allow a computer to talk to the DVR.  Thoughts?

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 4 of 4
(11,911 Views)

@counterpublic wrote:

Is there a way to do this without investing in a bunch of other equiptment?  There's a USB port on the front of the DVR, but I seem to remember someone saying that there is not software that will allow a computer to talk to the DVR.  Thoughts?

Don't k now an answer to your question on how to transfer, but just for information, the USB, Ethernet, Firewire and (if equipped) E-SATA ports are currently not active on any of Verizon's STBs.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.