Download Fios TV?
smartypants1000
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone know of any way to download FIOS TV onto your computer?  Is there some sort of program to do this?

TiVo had a great program that allowed me to download shows to my computer (at which time I would convert them to view on my iPod), but I haven't found any comparable software to work with FIOS.

Anyone know of a way to do this?

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Download Fios TV?
a1rodger
Not exactly a download, but this is what I'm doing. If you have Media Center either in windows XP or Vista version. Pick up a Hauppage (SP) or some other tv tuner card and run cables from the set top box to it. It may even come with a universal ir blaster to change the channel. That will allow you to record TV or movies straight from the STB.
0 Likes
counterpublic

I had a similar question, actually.  My brother-in-law wanted to watch the debates tonight, but had to work.  Normally (i.e. before I got this FiOS DVR) I would record the program for him so he could watch it later.  But, then I realized that with this DVR, I don't know how I could do that.

Is there a way to do this without investing in a bunch of other equiptment?  There's a USB port on the front of the DVR, but I seem to remember someone saying that there is not software that will allow a computer to talk to the DVR.  Thoughts?

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@counterpublic wrote:

Is there a way to do this without investing in a bunch of other equiptment?  There's a USB port on the front of the DVR, but I seem to remember someone saying that there is not software that will allow a computer to talk to the DVR.  Thoughts?

Don't k now an answer to your question on how to transfer, but just for information, the USB, Ethernet, Firewire and (if equipped) E-SATA ports are currently not active on any of Verizon's STBs.

0 Likes