Switch Account

Duplicate Channel

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(5,034 Views)

OK I know I'm new to FiOS and all. But maybe someone can tell me why 1724 and 1725 are both the same Boomerang from Cartoon Network. It is not like 1 is eas coast and the other west coast. They are both the exact same programming. (at least here in NYC). With all the channels avail. I know it's really not a big deal. Just curiosu. Also it seems like there are several of the same channel. Just at different pints in the list. I know most are SD & HD. It just seems to get confusing, I had CableVision for many yrs. and this guide has me lost.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Copper Contributor Kingscup
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 4
(5,001 Views)

There are basically 3 sets of the same channels. Channels 2-499 are the standard definition channels while channels 500-998 are the high definition versions of the SD channels. The HD channels are 500 higher then their SD versions. Channels 1500-1749 are for the spanish package. It has english channels with SAP spanish audio to them. I don't believe all english channels have the SAP spanish audio though.

My Tivo shows 1724 as Boomsp and 1725 as Boom. Obviously, one is a spanish version while the other is not. I am not sure why they have it this way.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(4,979 Views)

>>>My Tivo shows 1724 as Boomsp and 1725 as Boom. Obviously, one is a spanish version while the other is not. I am not sure why they have it this way.

Ok your Tivo has 1 listed as Spanish. Have you actually checked to see if it is indeed a spanish broadcast? Mine is English on both. That was what I though odd.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(4,968 Views)

Mine show up the same, just Boom, and both are in English. This is in North Texas. I agree, it is odd, but the printed channel lineup for North Texas dated Oct. 2008 shows 1724 as "Boomerang (ESP)*', while 1725 is just "Boomerang." The ESP* indicates a SAP audio channel is available, according to this document.

Keller, TX

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.