Duplicate Channel
ldm1701
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK I know I'm new to FiOS and all. But maybe someone can tell me why 1724 and 1725 are both the same Boomerang from Cartoon Network. It is not like 1 is eas coast and the other west coast. They are both the exact same programming. (at least here in NYC). With all the channels avail. I know it's really not a big deal. Just curiosu. Also it seems like there are several of the same channel. Just at different pints in the list. I know most are SD & HD. It just seems to get confusing, I had CableVision for many yrs. and this guide has me lost.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Duplicate Channel
Kingscup
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are basically 3 sets of the same channels. Channels 2-499 are the standard definition channels while channels 500-998 are the high definition versions of the SD channels. The HD channels are 500 higher then their SD versions. Channels 1500-1749 are for the spanish package. It has english channels with SAP spanish audio to them. I don't believe all english channels have the SAP spanish audio though.

My Tivo shows 1724 as Boomsp and 1725 as Boom. Obviously, one is a spanish version while the other is not. I am not sure why they have it this way.

0 Likes
ldm1701
Enthusiast - Level 2

>>>My Tivo shows 1724 as Boomsp and 1725 as Boom. Obviously, one is a spanish version while the other is not. I am not sure why they have it this way.

Ok your Tivo has 1 listed as Spanish. Have you actually checked to see if it is indeed a spanish broadcast? Mine is English on both. That was what I though odd.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Mine show up the same, just Boom, and both are in English. This is in North Texas. I agree, it is odd, but the printed channel lineup for North Texas dated Oct. 2008 shows 1724 as "Boomerang (ESP)*', while 1725 is just "Boomerang." The ESP* indicates a SAP audio channel is available, according to this document.

Keller, TX

0 Likes