Dvr will not pause when the button is pressed.
selah81

I have been a fios customer for a couple of months. However I find that there are quirks that are annoying me. When I press the Pause button the DVR does not pause immediately. I have to press it numerous times and even then it is partially successful. Is there a fix for this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dvr will not pause when the button is pressed.
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

2 possibilities.  Are you seeing the "remote" light (lower right corner of STB display)?  If not you may need new batteries in the remote or it is possible the pause button on the remote is worn out and you need to replace the remote.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the play / pause button is a dual purpose button.  You must press the bottom of the button in order to select pause.  Pressing in the middle is indeterminate if you will have selected pause or play.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

2 possibilities.  Are you seeing the "remote" light (lower right corner of STB display)?  If not you may need new batteries in the remote or it is possible the pause button on the remote is worn out and you need to replace the remote.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the play / pause button is a dual purpose button.  You must press the bottom of the button in order to select pause.  Pressing in the middle is indeterminate if you will have selected pause or play.

0 Likes
selah81

Thanks a lot

0 Likes
JWC3

Is the only answer you have for remote problems that the batteries are bad.  I just recently had FIOS installed on Tuesday, 4/13/10 and our DVR does not work; talking with tech help last night was extremely frustrating because my remote WAS working until he did whatever they do when testing system and when TV came back, remote didn't work at all.  His only answer to me was that it possibly was the batteries.  Reminding me like I was an **bleep** that the customer was responsible for changing the batteries.  I only had remote for two days; had just used the remote prior to talking to the "blank" on the phone and oh by the way, I changed batteries anyway, and remote still didn't work. 

And DVR still DOESN'T WORK!!!!

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

There is nothing that they can do remotely to affect your remote. Do you have more than one box in the house? If yes, try the remote in another room. All Verizon remotes will work all Verizon STB's. (they are just programmed for specific tv's for the volume/power). If the remote works in another room, the problems no with the remote. If it doesnt work, then I would try new batteries (no telling how long those "phillips" batteries have been sitting).

If you eliminate the remote. Then the next thing to check is.. Do you have a Plasma screen in the room with the DVR? If yes, make sure that your STB is at least 2 feet from the screen. Otherwise the Plasma screen may interfear with remote functions.

As for the DVR not working. What is is not doing?

0 Likes