EAS?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

EAS?

Message 1 of 13
(2,206 Views)

Can someone tell me what's up with all the EAS tests. There've been 7 of them in the last 24 hrs; That I know of. And 5 of those have been done in the last 3-5 hrs. What is that all about?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: EAS?

Message 7 of 13
(2,144 Views)
I am in DC reagon/Northern Virginia and for the last 3 nights straight I have gotten the EAS test. once a week i can deal with but 3 nights in a row and last night was the worst i woke me at about 3am the other were around 11pm. Please get this fixed.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 2 of 13
(2,180 Views)

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. That was not a problem with your equipment. Many others reported the same issue while watching the basketball game. This should be taken care of now. If you are still receiving these, I need you to send me a private message.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 3 of 13
(2,163 Views)

I had another one happen again this morning, Does that count? How do I send a private message If I need to?

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Message 4 of 13
(2,159 Views)

Hi BigggFuzzyG,

You can PM Anthony_VZ by clicking on his name on his post.  On the right hand side of the screen you will see a link to "send this user a Private Message"

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

EAS Constantly Activating

Message 5 of 13
(2,150 Views)

Three nights ago the EAS test screen and warning siren went off 10 times on all of our TV's - about every 20 minutes or so.

It has continuted to go off at least once a day (last night at 1:27 am while I was up late).

This can't be the way it is designed - is it something to do with my system?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 13
(2,152 Views)

It happened to me 10 times on Tuesday night - and again last night at least once. Customer Support blamed the government...

I hope Anthony can help!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 7 of 13
(2,145 Views)
I am in DC reagon/Northern Virginia and for the last 3 nights straight I have gotten the EAS test. once a week i can deal with but 3 nights in a row and last night was the worst i woke me at about 3am the other were around 11pm. Please get this fixed.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 8 of 13
(2,086 Views)

It's not Verizon's responsibility to violate the law.

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus

Re: EAS Constantly Activating

Message 9 of 13
(1,995 Views)

Storch1,

EAS testing is not controlled by any company.  They are regulated by the FCC.  If they schedule the testing that is when the testing is done.  We are researching this issue for your area to see if there is a problem. We will continue to update you.  Thanks Tonya D

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus

Re: EAS Constantly Activating

Message 10 of 13
(1,928 Views)

There was video configuring EAS testing for the equipment maintenance on 5/10, 5/11 and 5/12 during the maintenance window.  On 5/10 EAS testing ran 10 times. We do apologize for any inconvenience.  Thanks Tonya D.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.