EPIX Ondemand Not Working
TpaLavel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure where else to turn.  Maybe a little luck here in the Forums.  I have had the Ultimate package for about 1 year with no problems.  Back in early June I added HBO to my account.  Since that point EPIX Ondemand no longer works.  The linear EPIX channel work fine but no ondemand.  I get an error that says I am NOT SUBSCRIBED.  After a dozen or so calls and chats over the last 2 months the issue remains unresolved.  Several Repair and Billing people have told me that the transaction that added HBO removed the EPIX ondemand companion code.  So far they have been unable to add that code back to my account.  I find it hard to believe that adding a code to an account could be such a perplexing and mysterious task for Verizon.  Two Verizon people told me that it may be "unfixable" and I'll have to be content with the linear channels only because I have another year on my Plan. Has anyone had this problem with a companion ondemand authorization code going missing?  It's not the biggets deal in the world, but I figure two month sis long even to solve the problem.  Not sure what to do next.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: EPIX Ondemand Not Working
TpaLavel
Enthusiast - Level 2

An update that the EPIX ondemand has been resolved as of yesterday.  They did finally get that code put on the account.  I also will say that the Verizon folks made multiple out-reaches to me to get this resolved.  It took a while but they were very polite and diligent.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello TpaLevel

We apologize for the frustration here. We would like to assist you in resolving your trouble. I sent you a private message to start.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
TpaLavel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Help!  EPIX ondemand still not working.  Not sure what to do.  Verizon has been at it for a few days now and no luck.  Another tech call today told me "probably not going to get it if we haven't fixed it by now".  He said "you have HBO and SHOWTIME; they're better movie channels anyway". 

0 Likes
cburi

Same thing is happening for me and it also affects EPIX online.  Everything was working great until I added free HBO and Cinemax as a trial to my account.  Since then the regular EPIX channels (895/896) work great but the online access has been terminated and tells me that I need to subscribe.

0 Likes
TpaLavel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Help!  I had a Shamika contact me via e-mail with an offer to help but I never heard back from her after providing her details.  I also sent her a follow up e-mail but haven't had any response.  Not sure what to do now.  Life goes on, but it is a frustrating experience not being able to get this resolved. 

0 Likes
TpaLavel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sure we're not the only ones.  I'm just amazed at how hard it appears to be to resolve.  Was yours ever fixed?

0 Likes
TpaLavel
Enthusiast - Level 2

An update that the EPIX ondemand has been resolved as of yesterday.  They did finally get that code put on the account.  I also will say that the Verizon folks made multiple out-reaches to me to get this resolved.  It took a while but they were very polite and diligent.

0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

I never have been able to use the online feature, it always says I need to subscribe or something like that.  I have The Ultimate which includes Epix but never can do anything online, and what really irritates me is I can't ever watch a movie on Epix without the huge banner informing me that I am not enjoying or using Epix uless I am using Epix online.

0 Likes
TpaLavel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update to my update.  I called Verizon to ask if they would issue any credit for EPIX not having worked and I was told NO because the channel has zero value in the package.  Strange; it costs $8.99 per month ala carte so it seems to have some value to Verizon.  The rep said the channel was "free".  I asked if EPIX was free to all.  He said no, only to you.  Very poor billing customer service, especially considering it took nearly 3 months to resolve.  I'm very disappointed in Verizon.

0 Likes
drivera300

I called yesterday and was able to get my issue resolved with EPIX Ondemand.

You need to speak with a Care Rep or someone who has access to the billing side of your account.

Have them remove Ondemand from your account for all channels.  Only have them remove Ondemand not  the actual channel subscription as this may mess up your current bundle and cause and increase in price.  The process takes 12 - 24 hours to complete.  I checked this morning and my Ondemand for Epix is working again.

0 Likes