ESPN being cut off
TrantaLocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

Today at around 2:30PM ESPN suddenly became cut off stretched and zoomed in on, both on channel 70 and channel 570. I contacted Verizon through chat and out of three different sessions no one could help me or cared enough to contact some one to help me. Is any one else having this problem?

0 Likes
Re: ESPN being cut off
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Are you still having issues with this channel? If you are please send me a private message so we can check the feed.

TrantaLocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not actually. The problem was solved a while ago. It is cool you responded, and actually the first person to EVER offer actually checking the feed for a channel. It would be great if you could check the feed for many of the local channels, which since installation the majority have been coming vertically stretched (so 16:9 footage looks like 4:3 but warped). My area is Granada Hills, California, 91344.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

There is no setting or anything that can cause vertical stretching of your channels. Horizontal stretch can be manipulated on SD channels from the settings menu. If the image is getting vertically stretched, you will need to check the Aspect option of the TV. Your TV has numerous different ways it can compensate for different black bars that would be on the screen.

0 Likes
TrantaLocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know there isn't, and that supports the fact that Verizon is stretching the actual FEED. All three of our set top boxes have this problem on HDTVs AND SD TVs. This is FiOS, and I am requesting you check the feed for the local channels in my area.

Once again: I WANT the black bars instead of a warped image. Please read and understand what I am saying. Every one I talk to in Verizon doesn't understand! My TV and my set top box do not have ANY settings to change aspect ratio, stretch or zoom. And many channels are fine, untouched, so why would my TV be modifying only some channels? It wouldn't and it is the feed being sent that is being tampered with, by Verizon.

So here we go again. You even offered to check the ESPN feed, and once again another Verizon employee is going to say it is me messing up or my equipment messing up. I have been looking into this for MONTHS, and talking to MANY Verizon reps online, NONE of them helping me. Is it not simple enough to understand that Verizon could be POSSIBLY doing this to the local SD channels in my area?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

No I am not saying that. No where in your statements did you say that you had already checked to make sure it wasn't the aspect ratio of the television. Since this is normally the most common solution I offered it. Since it is not in your case, I will gladly check the feed. I have sent you a private message to get your account info so I can tap into the feed being broadcast to your area.

0 Likes