Email about FIOS TV Being Updated
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2

Just got an email from Verizon saying the FIOS is being updated, but there was no link or any information about what is being updated (probably one of the dumbest emails I have received in a long time).

Does anyone know what is changing?

0 Likes
Re: Email about FIOS TV Being Updated
kamildouglas32

Same here I also got the email I'm gonna asumm that we r getting a new channel guide and menu

0 Likes
WaltN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jeez, what a company.  "We're helping you out, but won't tell you how".  I had same reaction...

0 Likes
famato1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea, I thought the same thing. Seems like they forgot to include a link with what's coming/new features? Strange... I assume new menu/guide. Hopefully, it improves the lag!

0 Likes
petmic10
Enthusiast - Level 2

This was the email I received.

"Great news, we're enhancing your Fios® experience with new equipment and even more reliable service. 

The best part -- there’s no cost to you. For you to take advantage of this upgrade, we’ll need someone over the age of 18 in your home so our technicians can access and replace the box that delivers your Fios services. It’ll only take us a few hours to complete the installation.

Please call...to arrange an appointment.  Your current pricing and service terms will be unaffected.

Why should I upgrade?  We want to continue to give you the highest quality services you’ve come to expect from us. While your service works today, the technology that delivers your Fios services is no longer supported. Upgrading your equipment now will help prevent any future service interruptions.      

Thanks for choosing Verizon."

0 Likes