Encrypted Channels?
Stellarspace1

I want to purchase the HDHomeRun Prime to use with Plex Media Server. Plex doesn't currently support encrypted channels, so even though I have a CableCARD, I wouldn't be able to watch and record channels owned by FOX and nearly all of the premium channels. Microsoft and TiVo are essentially the only options. One of which is discontinued and can't stream live TV to clients such as Roku or Amazon Fire TV. The latter has a subscription fee, an awful mobile application, an ugly user interface and can't stream live TV to clients such as Roku or Amazon Fire TV. If I were to purchase an HDHomeRun Prime, I would be able to use it with my Plex Media Server to watch live TV and record channels on clients that I already have. What is the purpose of having these channels encrypted? I was able to record encrypted channels with the InfiniTV 4 by using Windows Media Center and convert the recordings without having any DRM and then possibly illegally upload them to the web, so what is the point of encrypted channels?

0 Likes