Endless Guide With Unavailable Channels
MsUnderstood

I subscribe to Fios TV.  Has anyone found a way to make the guide USEFUL relevant to the actual channels purchased?  Don't tell me to make a "favorites" list - first, there is no list of what's available on my subscription; second, the list of what is UNVAVAILABLE on my subscription is five times longer than what is available - and can only be identified by trying to view something and receiving the message "You don't get this...do you want to pay to see it?"  Infuriating!  I don't intend to spend my life trying to pick out what's mine...haven't even been able to review what's mine, I spend so much time finding things that are NOT mine. 

0 Likes
Re: Endless Guide With Unavailable Channels
Justin46
Legend

You have a simple choice to make if you are going to keep FiOS TV: use the Favorites or don't use the Favorites. If you don't, then what you have is what you are seeing now. There is nothing else available, at least currently. There might be some improvements in the process coming in the future, but what and when is unknown outside of Verizon.

Now, if you will take the time to read the following and try it out, you can get most of what you want without much effort.

1) You do know what packages you have, correct? Then you can go to the following URL on the web and see what channels you actually have:

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/ChannelLineup/

You have to enter your zip code and maybe your city/town to get your lineup. The color code tells you which channels you have. You can also sort the list by channel number if you want to make it easier.

2) You have two ways to set your Favorites list: on the Set Top Box or via the internet (internet for DVR only). I personally find doing it on the STB easier, but others I think prefer doing it via the internet. Of course you can use both, start one way and make changes the other.

3) I wrote a document quite some time ago describing in some detail how I like having the Favorites set up. Here is a link to the thread where you can find this document:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Exploiting-FiOS-TV-Favorites/td-p/9935

The process is not difficult, it just takes a little time. You do have two ways to set up the Favoites using the STB: start with an empty Favorites list and add the channels you want (my preference as the channels that I am interested in are a small minority of the total available, even in my subscription), or start with a full list and delete the channels you don't get or want.

4) You do not have to set up a full list immediately, you can put some in and then add (or delete) others later by using the Options button on the remote or going back to the Menu.

5) Although in my mind poorly documented by Verizon, you can set the Guide up so that all you normally see are the channels in your Favorites list, unless you specifically change the setting to see all channels. I prefer my system set up that way, and I document how to do that (it is easy) in the link referenced earlier.

I hope the above helps. If not, sorry....

Oh, and one more thing, this thread is in the wrong forum, it should be in the FiOS TV Technical Assistance forum.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes