Engineering problem, is anyone having the same issue ?
Cat20190

I relocated to Virginia on June, 1 and tried to get FIOS installed as soon as I got my apartment.

Made my order on June, 13, installatation scheduled 9 (!) days later on Friday June, 22. Waited 5 hours at home and nobody showed up. Called Verizon at 5PM and they rescheduled for the next day from 8AM to 11 AM. Called at 9AM to make sure somebody would show up as I was told the person would call me before coming and I had received no call so far. I was told to wait until noon. Called them back again at noon and they told me that they had found an Engineering problem that prevented my installation. Wasted 9 hours of my time waiting for somebody to show up... They said I would get a call from their Engineering department in the coming days.

No call after one week. I called again on June, 28, spoke for 30 minutes to four persons who had no idea how to solve my problem and now I am told that they don't know how long it is going to take them to fix the problem (or even what the problem is for that matter).

I am out until July 15 but no doubt the problem will still be there when I come back.
One month without the Internet when you are relocating is really annoying.

Anyone here having the same problem ? And if so, how was it solved ?

Did you get any compensation from Verizon for the inconvenience ?

Seriously thinking of cancelling my services: I am a new customer and I am very disapointed so far with the services (or lack of services) I have received from Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Engineering problem, is anyone having the same issue ?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may only get limited support here. I have been most successful by sending tweet to @verizonsupport

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Cat20190,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and good morning Cat20190,

We were able to get your installation completed and your services up and running. We did not hear back from you confirming a resolution and we are closing your case due to no reply. Please let us know if there is anything more we can do to help.

Thanks,

Rachel

0 Likes