Error Code EF01, Video and Digital Audio Dropping out
rykelite

To whom it concerns,

A customer of mine is having problems with his Fios DVR.  He will be watching TV through his Integra DTR 40.3 receiver, connected via HDMI cable and his picture and audio will just stop.  This is always accompanied by a code that displays on the front panel of the DVR which reads EF01.  The customer is usually able to restore picture and audio by performing a power cycle on both the AV receiver and the Fios Box. 

There have been numerous occasions of this problem occurring.  Sometimes it happens quite frequently, (once every 10 min) other times much more infrequently.  Also the problems vary in their severety.  Sometimes just the digital audio will drop out but the pitcure will remain. Other times the picture and audio will go out and they will damage the HDMi input that the Fios box is connected to, rendering it unusable.  We have since repaired the Integra recevier twice.  This last repair we haven't had an incident for 3 months, now we are back to losine Audio and Video. 

The customer initially had the Fios DVR replaced, but as the incidents kept happening, we tried repairing and replacing the AV receiver.  I keep coming back to that error code because I don't know what it means and nobody can explain to me if it has any significance or bearing on the problems we are having. 

Does anybody know what the EF01 error code indicates on the Fios DVR?  Has anyone had problems similar to the one I am describing, regarding HDMI video/audio loss?

Thanks,

Kelly White

0 Likes
Re: Error Code EF01, Video and Digital Audio Dropping out
Jared_Thomas

Hey, Jared  here.

The EF01 error code means that either the CableCard inside the box isn't getting any signal, or the CableCard isn't sending out any signal. A really efficiant way to see exactly what they problem is, is to take the box to a another location where Fios tv works fine. 

There are two possible outcomes:

Either the box doesn't work, and is still displaying the EF01 error code. Than the issue is with that box, and I must be replaced. 

The other possibility is that the box works fine. The error code goes away, and the box works perfect. If this is the case, we know it is the coax wires coming from ONT (Optical Network Terminal). And a Service Technician is required to come out and address the issue. 

0 Likes
rykelite

Jared,

I know that the customer has tried the box swapping trick and that EF01 code comes up on both boxes when installed in that theater location.

The box that is currently there has been working in conjunction with the new receiver for 3 months and is just now Popping that error code, which is taking down both the Video and Audio. 

Would that indicate that BOTH boxes that have been in that location are bad and need to be replaced?  Or is there a larger problem at work that is corrupting the Fios Boxes?

Thanks for the quick response!

Kelly White

0 Likes
LAbraham

I have the same problem.  Whenever I plugged in an HDMI cable from the reciever to my TV I would get that error and not get picture or audio.  When I replaced the HDMI cable with component or RCA cables the error would go away and I never saw the error again.  Not sure if that helps in anyway but thought I would share.

0 Likes
AllyandRay

I had the same problem and it turned out to be the hdmi cord, not the cable box.

0 Likes
Pamvb

I searched for  a solution and came upon uour advice.  We changed the hdmi cable and problem solved.  Thank you.  You saved me a lot of troubleshooting time.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the board that best matches the subject of your message. Thanks!

0 Likes