Switch Account

Error: Unable to play the selected program

Error: Unable to play the selected program

Highlighted
Contributor betourne
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(2,131 Views)

Randamly without regard to time, channel, or any of my three set top boxes, I receive an error message: "Unable to play the selected program.  Please try again later."  I've tried a day later and a week later without change.  I have reset the principle set top box, VMS100, and the Quantam 1100 router: again without any change.  The error message keeps popping up on randam recordings, not all, but enough to be very annoying.  I suspect something is wrong with the DVRs hard drive.  Help!

2 REPLIES 2
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 2 of 3
(2,092 Views)

Sounds like the HD may be starting to die.

if you get VMS replaced, you will lose all of your recordings.

but you can save and series comfits before hand

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor betourne
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(1,981 Views)

While this error was showing up randomly on various schuled recordings for a period of five days, it has stopped.  I don't don't know what to think.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.