Espn App on Firestick won't log in
Faraizl15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a firestick. I downloaded the espn app. Went to log in using my fios credentials but it is saying my log in is not correct. Which I know it is. Please help!

Re: Espn App on Firestick won't log in
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you use the firestick with other "services" (like Netflix) ?

Faraizl15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Netflix and Hulu yes. If I have to sign on using the firesyick, it won't let me. But if I sign on thru my phone to watch on the firestick, it works.

@TomH309 wrote:

Can you use the firestick with other "services" (like Netflix) ?

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Found these for you.

Let us know if it solved your concerns.

Fire Stick TV Remote Not Working Or Pairing (Simple Fix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amjs5hGXqbs
https://www.firesticktricks.com/firestick-remote-not-working.html
Amazon Fire TV Remote app is available for both Android and iOS platforms. Go ahead and re download the app and set it up with your FireStick or Fire TV device. Just make sure that your smartphone and FireStick device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network

ALSO :
re download the latest espn app.

Help920
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having the same problem, did you ever figure it out?

ESPN APP on FireTV Wont Log In
Soontobeexfios
Enthusiast - Level 1

Simple problem:  The Firestick ESPN App won't recognize my user ID or Password nno matter how many times I enter it correctly or change it.

I've uninstalled the app and no luck.

It works fine on the ESPN App (on phone) so no issue with my ability to enter the ID and password correctly.  

Add to that the lack of dependability of being able to access this website, to what I can only attribute as server issues, and I will be forced to look for an alternate provider.

ESPN App on Firestick will not accept credentials
alegna1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Simple problem. I have ESPN in my cable package. I am trying to sign on to the ESPN app on my firestick with my verizon credentials. My credentials work fine streaming ESPN on my web browser and on the ESPN app on my Ipad. However, the ESPN app on the firestick refuses to allow me to log in with these credentials. Says the username or password is not recognized. I have seen at least 2 other ppl report the same problem. This issue seems pervasive.

Re: ESPN App on Firestick will not accept credentials
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

It's a Firestick issue, not a Verizon issue. This HAS been gone over several times, the problem is Verizon doesnt write the app, Amazon does and they haven't gotten it correct. Their authentication method apparently doesnt work well with Verizon's and causes this issue. People have removed and reinstalled the offending app, deleted the cache for the misbehaving app and tried updating the app. Sometimes it helps, sometimes not. Why some apps do work with Verizon on the Firestick and others dont should be a clue .

Mick1135
Enthusiast - Level 1

I figured it out. Its a workaround directly through the log in screen to the ESPN app after selecting FIOS. It requires a handful of silly steps but I can walk anyone through it if they still need help. Thank me later!

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Mick1135 wrote:

I figured it out. Its a workaround directly through the log in screen to the ESPN app after selecting FIOS. It requires a handful of silly steps but I can walk anyone through it if they still need help. Thank me later!

Please post the procedure here so others can see what to do.

Also someone else found this helps when logging into the Fios app with a Firestick, may help here:

Check your Fire TV Privacy Preferences, if you enable the middle one (share app data?) it will work. Not sure if after you log in, if you can safely disable again, will have to experiment.

Thanks.