Re: Espn App on Firestick won't log in
caristrassberg
Enthusiast - Level 1

uhhh, yes can you please walk me through

ewebave
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I had a slightly different problem of not being able to log in to any app where I was signing in to Verizon on my Firestick (NBC, ABC, Comedy Channel. Perhaps ESPN is included in that feature).

It happened on 3 of my firesticks - an older voice remote firestick, a new voice remote firestick and also on my new 4k firestick.

I tried the privacy setting suggestions and also moved it to different tv's. I also took the firestick, logged in to another house on a different wi-fi, and I still couldn't log in. Cleared cache, reset, restarted, unplugged and still couldn't log in. The screen would just go back to the screen showing the various providers - a round and round loop.

I found another forum that said there are updates that need to run (she said she ran an update and the screen went back to Home so she thought the updates had run, when in fact, they hadn't finished!).

I took her advice and it worked! I was able to log in to all my apps where it says "log in once to Verizon and it'll automatically log in to several other apps" or something to that effect. It allows single sign-on feature for some apps.

On your Firestick, go to Settings, My Fire TV, About, Check for updates. Run the update. Then go back and check for updates again and run. Keep doing that until there are no more updates. It may reboot several times, but don't let the Home screen fool you. Manually check for updates again.

It's supposed to run updates automatically when it detects you're not using it, but perhaps it gets stuck, or wasn't sitting idle for long enough - I'm not sure. All I know is this was the solution that finally worked for me.

AmberHolmes

that looks good!

But if the firestick is jail broken than it won't work i guess!

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@AmberHolmes wrote:

that looks good!

But if the firestick is jail broken than it won't work i guess!

One of the reasons I never did that with any of my devices.

PDK2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I need the steps, if you don't mind

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@PDK wrote:

I need the steps, if you don't mind

From a previous post:

On your Firestick, go to Settings, My Fire TV, About, Check for updates. Run the update. Then go back and check for updates again and run. Keep doing that until there are no more updates. It may reboot several times, but don't let the Home screen fool you. Manually check for updates again.

It's supposed to run updates automatically when it detects you're not using it, but perhaps it gets stuck, or wasn't sitting idle for long enough - I'm not sure. All I know is this was the solution that finally worked for me.

Konika

To reset your remote, then follow Below steps:

1. First Disconnect your FireStick from the power source (either unplug the adapter from the power outlet or from device)
  2. Now hold down the  Back button , Menu button, Left part of the navigation ring, (all of them together) for at least 20 seconds.
  3. Remove the batteries from the back of the remote
  4. Power your Fire Stick device and wait for the home screen to appear
  5. Now, put the batteries back inside the Fire Stick remote
  6. Wait at least for a couple of minutes
  7. Your Fire Stick remote may have already got paired. If not, then hold down the Home button for at least 10-20 seconds.

Source : https://kodifiresticktricks.com/firestick-remote.html

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes