Expanding capability for Home Media DVR?
CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3

I have the Home Media DVR primarily for sharing recordings between TV's in the house, but another useful functionality is the PC Media Manager which allows you to stream Music or view Images from your PC directly on your TV via any Set-top box working with th Home Media DVR.  There is, however, no Video streaming!(?)

Is there any plan to upgrade the functionality of this software/hardware to allow streaming Video from your PC to the TV through the Home Media DVR?  That would be BY FAR the best use of the communications link set up between the cable boxes and the router.  I read somewhere that they're not likely to allow streaming INTERNET video from your PC via Media Manager, but it would seem both legal, and simple enough to allow STORED Video (like ALL of my camcorder home videos!) from your PC to play via Media Manager.

Can anybody shed any insight as to why there is this limitation? .. and if there are plans to do away with it?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Expanding capability for Home Media DVR?
Justin46
Legend

There is a beta test of this functionality going on now. The Terms and Conditions for the test require confidentially about participation in the test and any results, so it is unlikely we will hear much about this until it is complete (and I am not participating in this beta test, all I know is the test started some time ago). 

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
Keller, TX

Message Edited by Justin on 09-09-2008 01:26 PM
0 Likes