External hard drive not recognized after power outage

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 1 of 3
(2,319 Views)

After a power outage last night my WD external hard drive is not showing up. The power light is on on the drive, the DVR is working normally, except my external drive is not showing up.  I unplugged power from the DVR and restarted it, but no change.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: External hard drive not recognized after power outage

Message 2 of 3
(2,264 Views)

Sorry for the drive problems. There are 3 things that you can do to try to get this working again

1) Unplug the drive from the box and unplug power to the drive. Plug it back into the box and then plug the power in

2) Press menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION.

3) hold down the power button on the drive. You will get a pop up message that an unknown storage device has been found. Click to accept the new device. The drive should now be connected. Go to the main menu of the DVR box and select the option for DVR.  Go to expanded storage and format the drive (this will lose recording on the drive as it will format your drive)

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: External hard drive not recognized after power outage

Message 3 of 3
(2,226 Views)

I have a 2G Samsung drive in Rosewell external encloser running for over a year.  Two times have lost power and DVR would not recongize external drive.  The procedure I used was to reboot twice via menu>settings>customer support>in home agent>reboot STB.   Mine required two resets, the first reboot looks like DVR recongizes drive but does show as available but second reboot shows disc activity during last part boot up of box then external would show with all recordings and normal operation.   I have not lost any recordings.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.