Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

External hard drive problem

rclar
Contributor
Contributor

External hard drive problem

Message 1 of 3
(665 Views)

I've successfully added an external hard drive to my Cisco 435 DVR, but now I seem to only be able to record one show at a time. I've tried the problem fixer, to no avail.

It tried to record, and it asks me what to do, and I say record both shows, but it stops recording after 1 second.

Anyone else have a problem like this or suggestions?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: External hard drive problem

Message 2 of 3
(638 Views)

There are a couple auto fixers

if you hit dvr there is a dvr auto fixer  did you do that? 

rclar
Contributor
Contributor

Re: External hard drive problem

Message 3 of 3
(608 Views)

Yes, DVR MR autofixer. 

Since I had two shows to record Friday night at the same time, I ejected the drive and unplugged it all. Plugging it all in again and restarting seems to have corrected the problem though - At least I can record two shows at the same time again.

I think I had a 1 or possibly 2 shows on the external drive previously. Is there a way to get them back on the list, as they are no longer displaying in the list of recordings, yet the status now says that 1% of the drive is used, as opposed to yesterday where it never budged off of 0%.

Thanks 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title