FIOS APP / Samsung Smart TV Series 5 - 5500
rheff

Hi all -

I went out and purchased a Samsung smart TV this afternoon explicitly because I could access the Fios app on the Samsung and would be able to watch live tv with it.

HOWEVER, when I set it up today, no matter what channel I watch on the app, about 3/4 of the picture gets cut off about 30 seconds into watching that channel.  I can only see the top left corner of the video.  The rest is cut off, as if it zooms all the way in on that left corner.  I've tried adjusting every setting I could think of -- no luck.  I searched the internet -- no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can be able to view the complete image? It appears to be a Fios app issue. I'm not having this problem with any of my other Smart TV apps.

Any help or insights would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: FIOS APP / Samsung Smart TV Series 5 - 5500
PJL
Master - Level 3

You might try updating the TV firmware from the settings menu of the TV.  I just installed a Samsung for my neighbor and the performance of the FiOS widget is great.  It is using a hardwire not WiFi network connection.

0 Likes
rheff

I'll give it a try, thanks. It's updating TV software right now...so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

0 Likes
rheff

I tried the software update on the TV.  That seemed to solve the picture size issue, but I've now been having an issue where the screen goes black but the audio stays on for about a minute or so before I lose everything.  Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Likes