Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

FIOS Box Turns Off When I Access On Demand

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

FIOS Box Turns Off When I Access On Demand

Message 1 of 3
(3,994 Views)

Apologies if this has been addressed many times before here... Didn't find it...

I just got FIOS severakl weeks ago, and I have had an intermitten problem that pops up when I try to access On Demand content. When I click on the "On Demand" button, the screen goes blank for a few seconds, and then the On Demand menu comes up. Then, when I select "Search," the screen goes blank again for a few moments.

That blank screen isn't really a problem, but this is: Sometimes (maybe one out of three time), the set top box will seemingly just turn off. My TV tells me that there's no signal coming from the STB, I hear a distinct mechanical-sounding click some from the box (as if it just turned itself off or rebooted itself), and the clock on the front of the STB goes blank. If I wait a minute and press "Menu," the STB comes back on, but then I have to start over. It's like it really did reboot itself.

I've tried resetting the STB multiple times, but this still happens. It's really annoying... Every time we try to access On Demand titles, we have to hold our breath and hope that the hand off from live programming to On Demand goes smoothly, without our box clicking off and restarting. Like I said, this happens about one out of every three times we try to access On Demand.

Is this normal??

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: FIOS Box Turns Off When I Access On Demand

Message 2 of 3
(3,974 Views)

If manually rebooting the box by unplugging and plugging it back in. Also while the box is rebooting powercycle the router. Unplug it for 15 seconds, and plug it back in. The vod comes across the internet. If that doesn't fix it then try these next few things.  Download in home agent at www.verizon.com/connect and install it select the tv section, and then problems with stb. It will give you the option to reboot your cable box. If that doesn't work call support 888-553-1555 they can reload your box, and if needed replace it.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: FIOS Box Turns Off When I Access On Demand

Message 3 of 3
(3,968 Views)

Thanks, but I've rebooted the thing so many times now that I doubt doing it again will help.

Guess I need to call tech support... uggh... Not a great start to my FIOS experience...

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.