FIOS DVR signal
pumbaa70
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have FIOS one and on one of the DVR’s I lose certain channels and random and also picture cuts out and then back at times 

how do i know what is a good signal level

I have a tester and might need to run new coax but would prefer ethernet only but dvr cant run on ethernet only

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS DVR signal
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Pumbaa59 wrote:

What am I looking for in SNR settings what number is good bad?????

If you look at the info page it gives the SNR and a GOOD, FAIR or POOR rating to the overall SNR and the specific channel SNR.systemDiagnosticsPage1.png

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Pumbaa59 wrote:

I have FIOS one and on one of the DVR’s I lose certain channels and random and also picture cuts out and then back at times 

how do i know what is a good signal level

I have a tester and might need to run new coax but would prefer ethernet only but dvr cant run on ethernet only

First, you cant run a VMS4100 on ethernet at all. It has to have a coax connection to operate. You need to check the coax connections and the splitters, which may have to be replaced. If you are talking about the mini (IPC 4100), it can be used ethernet only.  Just make sure you only have it connected to one source at a time. Your tester most likely only checks for continuity,  you need to check for a frequency sweep too. If you have no issues with the main box, then check the coax and splitters to the mini or run it ethernet only. Menu>settings>system information will give you SNR information. 

pumbaa70
Enthusiast - Level 2

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Pumbaa59 wrote:

If you look at the info page it gives the SNR and a GOOD, FAIR or POOR rating to the overall SNR and the specific channel SNR.systemDiagnosticsPage1.png