FIOS Flanders, NJ - OAKWOOD
BiggieB

I live in a very large apartment complex in flanders NJ called "Oakwood Village" and Verizon recently put down all their fiber lines underground and last week wired the FIOS jack right in my hall closet. I have been trying to find out when it will be available but I can't seem to get anywhere with customer service; they have no clue and the availability page on their site still says it not available. I currently have DirecTV (non HD service) and I'm not under contract and I just purchased an HD TV. I've read that FIOS SD is much better than DirecTV and also their HD quality due to the bandwidth they have. I am ansi to get HD and if I upgrade with DirecTV I will have to commit for 2 years but I really want FIOS. I just need to know how long it will be... a week, a month, 10 years so I can make my decision on which way to go.  I also called the management of my complex and they don't have any idea either! WOW... why is it so hard to find out?  The darn jack has been wired in my closet and it's killing me I can't hook up!! [LOL].

ANSI for FIOS!! I WANT MY FIOS!!! hehehe

Does anybody know how I can find this out?

Message Edited by BiggieB on 09-15-2008 01:02 PM
0 Likes
Re: FIOS Flanders, NJ - OAKWOOD
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
It usually takes a few months once all the fiber is laid before it goes live. If you call Fios can they put you in contact with the Fios engineer for your area? The engineer will have a better time frame of when it will go live.
0 Likes
Re: FIOS Flanders, NJ - OAKWOOD
BiggieB

It's now available and the Tech is due to come out and install everything on Oct 22nd..

I live on a second floor apartment.. Were can I except them to install all of the hardware?  The Fios termination is already installed in my hall closet but there no AC power in there.

0 Likes