FIOS Flex Movie Viewing
jagostisi

I'm an IT professional (VP of IT) with over 40 years of experience in designing and programming business systems.

This not really a suggestion, it is the reporting of a system design error.

I recently rented a  FLEX HD movie.  It would not play (a fairly common problem) and resulted in an on screen error message.  FIOS TV trouble shooting rebooted my DVR but didn't resolve the problem.  Since the movie was in my library, I chose to wait until the next day and try again.  Same result..  I then called FiOS support.  The robo response said a problem had been detected and would be resolved the following day "by 1:31 PM".  Customers have 48 hours to view a FLEX movie once play has begun.    When, 50 hours after attempting to start the movie, it was no longer in my library.  Of course, I never really began to play the movie. Clearly your system believed I had begun to play the movie which I had not.  I had to rent the movie again and was charged a second time for the rental.

The system error is in billing and record keeping.  I am almost certain that I was billed for the movies as soon as they were placed in my library.  Since the movie is actually streamed to the customer, billing should not take place until a customer is  able to load and play the movie (when streaming begins).  I realize that communications and/or hardware limitations may not allow for that.  At the least, when I called to report my problem and it was acknowledged, the data regarding the start of the 48 hour viewing period should have been reset and the viewing period should not have expired until 48 hours after viewing had actually begun. 

On top of that, when I rented the HD movie a second time, only the SD version would load and play.  The problem was never really resolved.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: FIOS Flex Movie Viewing
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This forum is for enhancement requests. I have had good luck with using twitter (@verizonsupport) to get issues like this resolved.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Flex Movie Viewing
TPrules

Same thing happened when I tried to rent a movie last night, 12-25, about 8 PM.  The movie would try to load, but was highly pixilated and finally timed out to an error.  I have tried today to watch it and it plays fine, however it would have been nice to watch a Christmas movie on Christmas night.   

0 Likes