FIOS Guide and Motorola QIP7100 Severe Lag in Responding
Govtman
Enthusiast - Level 2
Ever since FIOS went to the new guide I've had severe problems trying to change channels or use the menu. I've been a Verizon customer for several years now and never had this problem before. I've changed batteries several times thinking it could be the remote. However, I can see the lights come on the remote when I attempt to change channels and I see a green light come on the menu screen of the Motorola QIP, so I know the remote is talking to the STB. When I first hit the a guide button on the remote the guide will come on but it could take a minute or more for the channels to start changing. All I can think of is that it's the new guide as I never had this problem before and everything else is the same. Any thoughts?
0 Likes
Re: FIOS Guide and Motorola QIP7100 Severe Lag in Responding
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the lag problem. To fix this, press menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION . If you are still having troubles, please send me a private message.

0 Likes
Govtman
Enthusiast - Level 2
Anthony! Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to try this when I return home. Really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I'll also be sure to provide feedback on this issue after determining if it works.
0 Likes
Govtman
Enthusiast - Level 2
Hey Tony! (Italian voice)...looks like your solution worked. I just wonder why no other of the techs had helped others in the manner you helped me - quickly. I really appreciate and believe you can mark this one resolved. However, can you explain what triggers this to happen? Thanks again Tony.
0 Likes