FIOS - IMG 1.9 - Activate eSata drive - Can't connect to server
nathan118

Just got updated to the new guide here in the Los Angeles area! Trying to activate an external drive. Says it's trying to activate, and then it says "Unable to connect to the server. Please try again later."

Anyone experience this? I've got a 7232, new image, and drive connected. It's an older esata external, but I don't even see the access leds on the drive do anything. If the drive is the problem, would the dvr say something about "this esata drive doesn't work" as opposed to saying it can't connect to "the server"?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS - IMG 1.9 - Activate eSata drive - Can't connect to server
Draven1
Enthusiast - Level 1
Happen to figure this one out? I've got the same issue.
0 Likes
Draven1
Enthusiast - Level 1
Figured it out, Plug in your drive...yank the power on the Dvr...wait 15 sec. Let the dvr boot back up. I didn't even have to try and activate the drive ...the dvr asked me about it once I hit menu to watch tv. At least in my case it didn't work until the dvr booted with the esata drive powered and plugged in during boot.
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Don't have to yank the power.  You can just do a reboot from the menu.

0 Likes
johnny72

The reboot worked but strangly I had to do it twice and do not use the remote - hit the ok on the panel.  It now has 2.5 TB!

0 Likes
ILikeFIOS
Contributor - Level 1

I got the same server error.  So I then tried the reboot trick and now I have had the "red curtains of death" for the last 2 hours.  The STB starts up, the clock displays "--:--" and the TV screen says:

Starting up... One moment please

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Likes
JeffD1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rebooting from the STB worked perfect for me.  Thanks for the tip.

0 Likes