FIOS Installation Delay
Cameron

I was scheduled to get FIOS installed today by Verizon. They had provided me with an email confirmation with the exact time and date that the installers would be arriving at my house. 3 hours past that time I decide to call Verizon to see what the problem is. After navigating the horrible phone self sevice system I speak with an actual person. The agent tells me that my account was on hold. That's interesting, nobody told me. The agent then calls the tech support people in my region. Apparently there is no FIOS conduit on my street and it must be installed. This will take at least 2 weeks. Why didn't anyone tell me so I could go to work today and I wouldn't have to sit around my house waiting for you guys. The agent didn't know. Nice. OK, can I schedule my installation for 2 weeks from now?

Of course not, I have to wait until Verizon calls me to tell me the conduit is installed. Then I have to schedule the installation. OK, do you have a direct line I can contact if I have any more questions? No, I have to use the self-service phone support line from hell.

**bleep** Verizon. I understand making cancelling service a pain in the **bleep**, but I'm trying to become a customer. This is very confusing as switching to Comcast is just a phone call away. 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: FIOS Installation Delay
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1
For contacting Verizon when calling the main number,l when the voice prompts start say "Speak to an Agent" at each voice prompt until someone picks up. It should save you quite a bit of time on hold!
0 Likes
Re: FIOS Installation Delay
aaabeanie
Scheduled our install about 2 1/2 weeks ago.  However when the installer came to hook up equipment in the house.  Hmm same thing someone forgot to run the lines from across the street and/or put hand holes on this side of the street.  Don't they have supervisors and inspectors that are supposed to ensure that the FiOS cables are put in correctly.  Uh shouldn't that be done prior to the day the installer shows up to hook up your TV and internet???  Hello.  I too took a day off work to wait for the installer.  I was given a time from 8am -12 pm for show time.  About 1230 he shows up only to find out he can't do anything.  Now they have to coordinate with miss utility to mark the ground so they can dig some more holes, then run the cables, then I can reschedule.   Maybe by this time next year I will have FiOS....So far I am not impressed with the process. 
0 Likes