Re: FIOS Mini box white light goes on every night on one of 2 mini boxes
AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

It only happens occasionally (like once per week) on the second box. But a Verizon tech was at my house and already swapped out all of my boxes 2 weeks ago. 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@AGW-1980 wrote:

It only happens occasionally (like once per week) on the second box. But a Verizon tech was at my house and already swapped out all of my boxes 2 weeks ago. 

If you swap boxes between TVs and the problem doesn't travel with the box, there is something the TV is doing to wake up the box.

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

It’s definitely not the TV. I disconnected the TV’s HDMI cable from the box, and the box’s light still came on again Wednesday night/Thursday morning around 2am.  

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@AGW-1980 wrote:

It’s definitely not the TV. I disconnected the TV’s HDMI cable from the box, and the box’s light still came on again Wednesday night/Thursday morning around 2am.  

OK, I'd compare ALL the possible settings between the boxes that have anything to do with suggestions, notifications, ads, power control, etc. There has to be a difference between the two boxes to make one turn on and the other not. The only other thing I can think of is environmental, like a light source that is somehow turning on the box, or something on the circuit that causes the box to activate. If you moved the crazy box to the other TV and it stops doing it with that box, it has to be something location related.

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

Friday night I was having a separate problem with On Demand so I called Verizon. After talking about that issue, I asked the phone tech about this issue with the light on the mini box. He checked my lines and told me that there is an update to APR 7.5 that didn’t load properly to my system (apparently APR 7.8 is not yet ret released to my area). He said the update was having issues with about 40% of the install attempts. So he manually pushed the update to each of my 2 mini boxes and my FIOS One box, one by one. It took about 45 minutes. Of course, a couple of hours later, the light on the mini box came back on again. But so did the light on the other mini box, so I thought it might just be related to the upgrade. But the light came on again Saturday night, and then, again, Sunday night/Monday morning, at 2am. The light on the second mini box did not light, nor did the light on the FIOS One box. Very frustrating. 

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

Ok, I'd now unplug power from all the boxes. Powercycle the router. When it comes back on line and has finished establishing all connections, plug the power back in on each box and let it reboot. Cross your fingers and toes.

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, that worked the first night after I tried it. But last night, between 2:05am and 2:30am, the light on one of the mini boxes came back on.  Sounds like it's time for another round with the dreaded Verizon phone techs.  Thanks for your help.

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@AGW-1980 wrote:

Well, that worked the first night after I tried it. But last night, between 2:05am and 2:30am, the light on one of the mini boxes came back on.  Sounds like it's time for another round with the dreaded Verizon phone techs.  Thanks for your help.

If you turn on the TV after the lights come back on, what do you see? Is it the Fios screensaver or some kind of programming?

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

Usually, regular programming.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@AGW-1980 wrote:

Usually, regular programming.

That makes me think it is a scheduled program you don't remember, or some kind of a notification that is turning the box on. Firmware update would leave the screensaver on, not live programming.