FIOS Mini box white light goes on every night on one of 2 mini boxes
AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

The white power light on ONE of my two mini boxes (both are wired by coax) goes on every night. I go to sleep and the white light is dim. When I wake up, the white light is bright, and the box (but not the attached TV) is on.  This does not happen on the second mini box. This started with the Guide update that Verizon pushed through over a month ago. A technician came to my house last week and replaced my FIOS One box and both mini boxes. The problem persists. I’ve tried rebooting, disconnecting power, etc., with no luck. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Mini box white light goes on every night on one of 2 mini boxes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@AGW-1980 wrote:

The white power light on ONE of my two mini boxes (both are wired by coax) goes on every night. I go to sleep and the white light is dim. When I wake up, the white light is bright, and the box (but not the attached TV) is on.  This does not happen on the second mini box. This started with the Guide update that Verizon pushed through over a month ago. A technician came to my house last week and replaced my FIOS One box and both mini boxes. The problem persists. I’ve tried rebooting, disconnecting power, etc., with no luck. Any suggestions?

The bright white light can be dimmed by going to : settings>media client settings>LED brightness. That should keep it from going bright.

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

But what’s causing it to happen in the first place?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@AGW-1980 wrote:

But what’s causing it to happen in the first place?

White light is the power light when the unit is on. Something is turning the box on, maybe a scheduled recording, or another device in the chain.

look here for a chart that describes light function:

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/equipment/stb-dvr/fios-tv-one

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is that the right link? It takes me to a general page with installation/setup instructions for the boxes. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@AGW-1980 wrote:

Is that the right link? It takes me to a general page with installation/setup instructions for the boxes. 

Look at the bottom of the page. There is a "what do the lights mean" topic.

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks.  But what’s happening is on one of my mini boxes, and the white LED is switching from standby mode to power on mode in the middle of the night, with nothing being recorded anywhere in the house. No one else is using my boxes.  It’s only happening on one of two mini boxes. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@AGW-1980 wrote:

Thanks.  But what’s happening is on one of my mini boxes, and the white LED is switching from standby mode to power on mode in the middle of the night, with nothing being recorded anywhere in the house. No one else is using my boxes.  It’s only happening on one of two mini boxes. 

Try unplugging the HDMI cable from the Fios box overnight and see if it still does it. If so you can eliminate the TV from sending a signal to the box. I'd also disable all notifications and suggestions on that box.

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks. I'll try that.

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

Both mini boxes had the lights on Monday morning (maybe another update was pushed through). Neither mini box had the lights lit bright this morning. I’ll keep observing.