FIOS Mobile App - Live TV not working
Boltcom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just installed the iPad FiOS Mobile app.  Any live TV channel I tried to watch, I get a "Buffering..." icon.  It never ends.  I can't watch live TV.  It's so frustrating as I have no clue what was wrong.  There is no troubleshooting guide or set up guide.  I am on a FiOS wifi network.  I was able to use the remove function to control my DVR.  What else am I missing?

Re: FIOS Mobile App - Live TV not working
stevenc2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here.  Anyone at Fios capable of answering this?  I just saw the ad on tv last night and went to install the app on iPad2.  Live TV shows in the small screens at the bottom of the page, but the main screen is just constantly "Buffering".  I'm running on 5.1 IOS.  Be nice to get an answer at some point.  

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

FYI there are several other threads on this issue.

0 Likes
young7
I installed the app on my iPad about 2 weeks ago. It was great. Then all of a sudden it kept on buffering. I deleted the app and reinstalled it. I still can't get it to stop buffering! I know it mut be something simple but I can't find anyone to tell me what it is! I really enjoy the app when it was working, especially running on the treadmill. Comeon FIOS Support, get the bugs out.
0 Likes
dialtech
Enthusiast - Level 2
It appears that more than just live TV is not working. Three times I have uninstalled and reinstalled the FIOS Mobil app on my Ipad.
Unfortunately with the latest update nothing works. It stays constantly loading and you NEVER can log all the way in.
Verizon please fix. When this works it was a nice app to have even with the many many bugs in it.
0 Likes
mbenitec
Enthusiast - Level 1
Having the same problem trying to watch the NBA playoffs on TNT, it is buffering and never loads on both iPad and smart TV. Extremely frustrating, Verizon needs to get on this ASAP, we pay very handsomely every month to get this quality of service that leaves a lot to desire.
0 Likes
Cbo4
I have the same situation. I am being upgraded to their third gen router. I have a lot of devices and this is causing the streaming issue
0 Likes
theroys88

Not our end but a Verizon end. I have been dealing with this buffering issue at night and weekends for 5 months. Looking at the forums it looks like this started after they expanded to 75 channels. Basically they failed to do real world testing that involves someone watching tv through this app 24/7.  Talking to reps it seems they have no idea how to fix this, thus it continues. I have several friends who have Xifinity and their app works flawless so it can be done. Just seems the project developers on this app either are incompetent or just plain lazy.  Here is the latest response from Verizon via facebook: 

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

theroys88,

Please check your Private Message Inbox. It should look like this -->>

0 Likes
Rowing

0 Likes