FIOS Mobile Device Management
rhazzon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had a problem setting up my phone to be able to program my DVR.  This started with the last round of software.  My STB still thrown an error on screen that says device cannot be authorized.  I went in to the Widgets screen and removed the remote device and this may have solved that issue.  But I just installed the new FIOS MOBILE software and under DEVICE MANAGEMENT a device (my phone) shows up with the word "(Unauthorized)" in red.  I tried adding my current device under the same name and removing it.  I did this multiple times and it did not help in removing the unauthorized device.  I then found out that there is a two try limit and then my device gets locked out for 12 months.

I called VZ Support and spent the better part of my Friday evening on the phone.  Nice tech, but completely clueless about the issue.  I don't blame him as these techs are expected to help with ALL problems.  He did instant message while we were on the phone and he said it looked like they were fixing the issue.  Ninety minutes later they told me that they could not fix the problem.  Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge about this issue?  Can it be fixed?  Is there a support team that can actually comprehend and repair these types of issues?  I don't mean to sound agitated, but dealing with support staff that ovsiously lack the proper training and tools to resolve anything but the most basic issues is becoming increasingly frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Mobile Device Management
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

rhazzon,

Glad we were able to get in touch with the correct depts to get your questions answered.  We have closed your private support case. Feel free to make a new thread anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
timjgar

I am having this same problem, as the user above. 

Please help, Thanks

0 Likes
mghpgh

Were you able to get this issue corrected?  I have the same problem.

0 Likes
rhazzon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told that there was absolutely no way for them to reset it.  The tech I spoke with didn't even know what I was talking about during the initial conversation so I am not so sure that is correct.  I find it hard to believe that NOBODY has the ability to reset it.  A year seems like an awfully long time.  Typical Verizon response.  I don't get frustrated anymore with their lack of knowledge and complete disregard for the customer. 

So in answer to your original question, no, it has not been resolved.

0 Likes