FIOS Mobile Remote
waltja

I was excited to see this but I can't get it work.  The phone never connects to the STB.

I've gone into the widget and registerd my device.  I've started the app on my Droid and put my name and last 4.  The phone attempts to connect but spins for a while and finally comes back the unable to connect message.

Oddly, on the TV, right when I connect I get a popup dialog.  The dialog is titled Wifios and has one row in it with the word VARA (which is not the name I entered on the phone).  The only option to select for the VARA row is Yes.  I click it (or don't) and there is no effect.  So, it seems like the phone is connecting to something but it is not doing it completely or correctly.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled and tried different orders of going into the widget and the phone app.  Nothing works.

Anyone else seeing this?  Does anyone have a list of steps that should work?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Mobile Remote
VZ_Lori
Enthusiast - Level 2

These are the steps I currently have for those who want to register a mobile remote for FiOS.

On your set top box- Go to Main Menu, Select Widgets and Select Widget Bazaar then Fios Companion

-Launch Verizon FiOS Mobile Remote

-select Register a Mobile Device and press OK

-select mobile phone you want to connect (as of now only Motorola Driod and HTC Imagio are available)

-After selecting your Mobile device press ok and enter phone # and press OK-This starts the registration process. When Process is 100% done a SMS message wil be sent to the mobile device with application installation instructions.

Please reach out if this does not work for you.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
uncledirtnap
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've followed these steps and still can't get it to work.

Never connects to the stb, I don't even get the pop up.

0 Likes
JiveTurkey2
Contributor - Level 1

I too am having serious issues w/ the FiOS Mobile Remote.  I have the Motorola Droid.

I downloaded it from the Android Market, followed all the steps.  Worked FLAWLESS for my DVR QIP 7216.  The only glitch was that when I tried to register it for my 2nd STB (a QIP 7100), I had to re-send the text message to my phone (which was moot, since I had the app already installed!). 

Everything was good, until IMG 1.7.1 dropped in my area (Syracuse, VHO 15-A for those in the know Smiley Wink  ).  Suddenly, it's always "Unable to Connect to the STB.  Please exit program, relaunch widget & try again".  Tried that many, many, many times, no good.  Uninstalled/reinstalled app several times (even followed the direct URL from the text message, for what that was worth), no good.  

Issue only cropped up after this update.  I've pwr cycled the boxes, pwr cycled the router.  The only thing I haven't done yet is factory default the router, which I usually do as a last resort, but I doubt it would be the culprit here.  Every other FiOS toy (Web DVR, Mobile DVR, widgets, IMG, multiroom DVR) are all flawless.  Has to be a developer's glitch.  Believe me, I've heard stories about the Caller ID on TV fiascos happening downstate. 

Hopefully they can get this fixed.  Not many of us have Droids, and probably fewer Droid owners have FiOS TV, so there's prob not a massive push to get it resolved, but hopefully some nice higher ups/developers are doing some friendly trolling/observing.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
cturnkeyc

Like above I too am having a problem with Mobile Remote. It continues to indicate “Unable to connect to the Set-Top Box. Please launch the Mobile Remote widget on the TV again and restart the Mobile Remote application on your mobile device.” I have done this and the widget indicates the Droid is already registered. I have also tried trouble shooting like above with no success. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Derezzed

I have the same problem.  Got set up with FiOS today and everything is working fine but the widget gives me the same error.  Not sure if it's the new version of the widget or the fact that I am now running Droid 2.1.

0 Likes
Derezzed

Actually, after reading the previous posts again, I tested something out:  I have 2 STBs (one SD and one HD DVR).  On the HD DVR, I get no popup.  On the SD one, it told me to run the widget (I had only run it on the other one).  So, I try to run it and it tells me that it can only run on an HD unit.   It's like it gets to the one box, but never to the other one.  I wonder if there's a way to make one the primary and the other the secondary and right now they are in backwards order.

0 Likes
Oppie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is it possible to connect with an iPod Touch to more than one stb?

We have 3 HD STBs. I was able to connect to one box without problems.  Trying to connect to one of the other boxes doesn't seem to work.

Seems a bit odd that the help screen on the iPod is only available after connected to a STB. Was trying to figure it out while away from the home network and coudn't get the information.

0 Likes
Maybrick350
Anyone know why XOOM is not supported?
0 Likes
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

I cannot connect either, but I think my problem is my wireless subnet is different than the DVRs. I have a DLink router on my side of the Westell MoCA router. The DLink serves my home for DHCP and a LinkSys WAP is attached to the DLink to serve Wifi throughout the house.

This arreangement also keeps my DVRs from seeing Media Manager running on one of my servers. I temporarily put the server directly on the Westell and it was visiable from the DVR, so I know it works. I just need time to re-organize my network to put it all on the common subnet of the Westell.