FIOS Mobile app for ipad, no audio
BG990
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded the FIOS mobile app on my ipad 2.The live TV feature does not completely work.  There is picture and the caption option works, but the sound only works with earphones.  There is no audio without earphone, no matter how much I increase the volume control.  I deleted and reinstalled the app, with the same result.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS Mobile app for ipad, no audio
BG990
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, the Side Switch was set to mute.  App works now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bugmenot1

I have the same problem, no sound out of my Ipad 2's internal speaker. I did not try head phones. I can get sound out via AirPlay. I have also tried to remove and reinstall the app. 

0 Likes
bugmenot1

I should add: The video and streaming looks really nice, the interface is well developed. I really like how you can watch one thing and scroll through other channels in the browsing bar and watch an additional channel (although much smaller). Hope they address the sound issue. Cheers.

0 Likes
rRe: FIOS Mobile app for ipad, no audio
city29
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you by any chance on mute...to unmute

• Double-press the Home physical button located at the bottom middle part of the device. This will bring up the multitasking bar. It may be empty or with icons of recently used apps.
  • In any case sweep this bar with your finger from left to right.
  • Watch the speaker icon. If it is crossed with line tap it to set speaker ON. Move the slider at the right half of multitasking bar to set the sound volume.
Re: rRe: FIOS Mobile app for ipad, no audio
bugmenot1

Woot! That fixed it, many thanks. I have never used that feature before.

0 Likes
bml011
Enthusiast - Level 1

Toggle the side switch of your iPad.
also, Check under Settings --> General --> Side switch Set to: 'Mute' (instead of 'Lock Rotation')

BG990
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, the Side Switch was set to mute.  App works now.

0 Likes
BG990
Enthusiast - Level 2

But with  the lock rotation on you can't get the vertical full screen.  FIOS has some work to do.

0 Likes
Scott_Mills

I had the same problem.  No audio while watching "live tv".  I fixed the issue by checking my airplay settings.  I had been using airplay earlier in the day to send my ipad to my TV set via my Apple TV.  My iPad was still set to the Apple TV, so I switched it back to "ipad" and my sound came back.

0 Likes
Jverna
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not only is there no audio- there is nothing.  This app is not working and per the app store is no longer available in the US.  Verizon tech support told me to contact Apple because they made and maintain the app.  Very hard to believe that apple made any of the Verizon apps. Since I can no longer remotely program my dvr or watch programs via my ipad when at home it may be time to switch to a different provider.

0 Likes