FIOS On Demand Movies and TV - Poor Picture Quality
schwarze2006
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have FIOS Quantam Internet which seems to work fine as does all of our normal SD/HD live stations and DVR recordings (from live TV).  However, when we try to watch an HD On-Demand movie or TV show, the picture quality is pixilated and unbearable to watch.  SD titles are not much better.  I went through the online agent tech support process and the final resolution was to do some sort of reset on the FIOS box which would erase all of my current stored shows.  Has anyone else had this issue and better yet, does anyone know of a fix for the issue without losing all of my stored content? 

Additional info:  I do not have a network cable attached to the back of the FIOS box, only the normal input COAX cable.  Could this have something to do with On Demand picture quality?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS On Demand Movies and TV - Poor Picture Quality
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

On demand comes from the internet. I would lean more toward something is up with your router or ONT. Pull the battery and power plug and let the ont reset and also power cycle the router to see if that corrects the situation. If it does not correct itself a repair visit may be in order.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS On Demand Movies and TV - Poor Picture Quality
dbovill1

My picture is grainy as crap too...especially Frozen from stars.  I just had a tech out here to check all my connections and he said it was fine.  I got a modem replacement which didn't change the issue at all either....he's currently checking into other things but I am not optimistic.

0 Likes