FIOS One Mini Box- Sound Bar Set Up
Paser00
Enthusiast - Level 2

No matter what I do I can't keep the voices synced up with the new FIOS one boxes, Sony Bravia TV and Sony HT-CT390 sound bar. FIOS box attached to HDMI-1 port. Sound Bar to HDMI-2 port (ARC) and within a 10-15 minutes the audio and picture are out of sync. I have tried the menu, changed to L-PCM and to pass through. All work tempoarly and then goes out of sync. Anyone know of a firmware update that will be out to fix this? Was thinking up updateding to a Sonos system but not going to spend all that money and have the same problems. Any help here? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS One Mini Box- Sound Bar Set Up
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could also try the optical out from the TV to the soundbar. Might be better that way instead of using ARC .

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does the soundbar have HDMI pass through? If so try running Fios one to soundbar, then soundbar to TV HDMI ARC in. That might work, if not, did you try manually setting the delay in the service menu?

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Trash the first part of my response. Looks like you only have HDMI to work with as the mini has no optical out. Did you try changing the sync settings in the TV? The two could be fighting each other if set to auto.

Paser00
Enthusiast - Level 2

From what I can tell there are no sync settings on TV. In the Fios menu there is an option to set the sync up manually but not sure if that would help. When you first turn the sound bar on they both sync up fine. It’s usally about 10 mins into watching then it goes out of sync. No problems with the old box it’s just these new ones. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

ARC is a known creator of problems, even though it can work great some times.  My Sony does have an audio sync option in its sound menu in the main menu, not the adjustment menu. Might check there. If you get no joy, try setting the sync manually in the minis service menu. That shouldn't drift.

Paser00
Enthusiast - Level 2

Set the audio to Manual in fios box and set the delay to 150 (not sure what that means but read that somewhere else). Seems to have worked for now. See what happens when I turn the sound bar off and use the tv speakers. Wondering if Manual will fix the sound bar but mess up tv speakers when bar not in use

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could also try the optical out from the TV to the soundbar. Might be better that way instead of using ARC .

Paser00
Enthusiast - Level 2

Funny was thinking the exact same thing. Thanks!

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Paser00 wrote:

Set the audio to Manual in fios box and set the delay to 150 (not sure what that means but read that somewhere else). Seems to have worked for now. See what happens when I turn the sound bar off and use the tv speakers. Wondering if Manual will fix the sound bar but mess up tv speakers when bar not in use

The 150 is 150 ms of delay for the audio. The higher the number, the higher the delay. The processing necessary to do ARC can sometimes add more delay to the video. That can cause the sync problems. By using a fixed number for the delay, you eliminate the system from trying to compute and automatically compensate for the delay., that way it shouldn't drift.

MoeLarryCurly1

FIOS should tell all suscribers before they officelly choose a plan, that VIOS absolutely STINKS (I don't want to use another word) when it comes to using soundbars.

0 Likes