FIOS One remote won’t change receiver inputs
Fios21042
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi all - I have a new Samsung tv and Yamaha RX-V385 receiver. I paired my Fios one remote to the receiver and it works for adjusting volume, but I can’t get it to change the inputs. I tried both the automatic pairing and the manual pairing by going (on fios one remote) to : menu, settings, voice control, Fios tv voice remote, program Fios tv voice remote, auto (or) manual. I do get a “successfully paired tv and audio receiver” message.

Any ideas? Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS One remote won’t change receiver inputs
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Fios21042 wrote:

It doesn’t seem to be doing anything on either input now..

Try uninstalling the receiver and TV from the remote again. Make sure both are on, go through manual setup again . This time when you get to your receiver, keep going until you get an alternate. Also make sure TV input control is disabled in the Fios box menu.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Fios21042 wrote:

Hi all - I have a new Samsung tv and Yamaha RX-V385 receiver. I paired my Fios one remote to the receiver and it works for adjusting volume, but I can’t get it to change the inputs. I tried both the automatic pairing and the manual pairing by going (on fios one remote) to : menu, settings, voice control, Fios tv voice remote, program Fios tv voice remote, auto (or) manual. I do get a “successfully paired tv and audio receiver” message.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Is it changing inputs on the TV instead?

Fios21042
Enthusiast - Level 2

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Fios21042 wrote:

Try uninstalling the receiver and TV from the remote again. Make sure both are on, go through manual setup again . This time when you get to your receiver, keep going until you get an alternate. Also make sure TV input control is disabled in the Fios box menu.

Fios21042
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • Hi - I apologize for the delay in replying; I hasn’t had a chance to get back to this. 
  • When I push the input button on the FIOS remote, it is changing the input on the smart tv, not the connected receiver. 
  • the fios remote is indeed connected to the receiver, as it operates the volume and connected  speaker system just fine.
  • Thanks in advance !

•  
Fios21042
Enthusiast - Level 2

And am checking tv input control now 😄

BigCityBuckeye

I also same receiver and after following these directions still can’t get the fios voice remote to control the receiver inputs. What do you mean by alternative? When I was going through the manual set up I made sure to choose the exact model of the receiver but still nothing.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BigCityBuckeye wrote:

I also same receiver and after following these directions still can’t get the fios voice remote to control the receiver inputs. What do you mean by alternative? When I was going through the manual set up I made sure to choose the exact model of the receiver but still nothing.

I believe the Fios remote will ONLY control the input on the TV, not the receiver. Should have posted that earlier, but I wasn't sure.

0 Likes