FIOS PPV Movie - Video/Sound Quality Very Poor
schwarze2006
Enthusiast - Level 2

We cancelled our mail order DVD service last month thinking that with the frequency we were actually watching them, we might as well use PPV to watch a movie when we wanted.  Tonight we "rented" our first movie and I could not get 1/4 through it as I was so disappointed with the choppy video and no where near SD quality (much less the HD I actually rented). 

Has anyone else experienced this type of issue?  Normal SD and HD programming is fine.  It is the PPV rental I seem to be having severe issues with. 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS PPV Movie - Video/Sound Quality Very Poor
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

We apologize for the trouble you experienced with your movie.  Was this PPV as in a specific channel that you tune to or Video on Demand which you access through the VOD menu on your set top box? 

If it was VOD, do you know if you experience this same trouble on free titles?  We'd like to help you get this resolved.  Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like to communicate directly.

Thanks!

0 Likes
JohnYaya
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem with every PPV movie I've rented.  It's extremely frustrating and needs to improve.

0 Likes
JohnYaya
Enthusiast - Level 2

specifically VOD movies.

0 Likes
ajay1234
just bought captain phillips and the quality is so poor.... Last time I am using verizon for movies. They always slow down the speed so you upgrade...well guess what ? I am goiing back to redbox from the gas station and using netflix where I can...
0 Likes
gln2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've never been happy with the VOD service either, which is why I almost never go to it.  If I want to watch a good movie on demand, with good sound and video quality, I always go straight to the Vudu app.  It is on my Sony Blu-ray player, and It comes on many devices now. (of course not offered by FIOS).   I find it has much better audio quality than FIOS also.

When I want an action movie though, I typically will get the blu-ray from Netflix.  Much better audio quality, if one has a good quality amp and speakers, than any of the streaming services.  Netflix''s streaming with 2 blu-ray discs a month is fairly priced at $6.99 / month.

0 Likes