FIOS Parental Controls
morettina
Enthusiast - Level 2

We just recently had FIOS installed and I see that with the set-top box that we have, I can set parental controls based on time.  Previous to this, we had COX cable and using the time control, I could prevent my child from turning on the TV/cable box this way.  When my husband or I wanted to watch something, we'd put in our code and it would be unlocked just for that session.  As soon as we turned off the TV & cable box, it went back to being locked.

It looks to me as though with FIOS, once I unlock the time control, it stays unlocked forever unless I reactivate it.  This is a real pain - every time I turn on the TV, I need to go into setting, parental control, and reactivate the time control.

Is this the way it's supposed to work?  And if so, it's actually a pretty useless setting.  I would like to suggest that you add in the option to reactivate it automatically every time the box is turned off.  That's the way a real time control setting ought to work.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Parental Controls
Karl_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi morettina -- The way you are going through to activate the time control is the way the box software has been setup to do it.  I do, however, like your suggestion of how you'd like the time control to work.  If you would, place a post on our Idea Forum which is located here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/idb-p/ideas

Team members from our development departments constantly go over the ideas placed in that forum and use it as a source for some great improvements!  I sincerely hope you post this up there.

If you need any other help or have any other questions about your FiOS service, please don't hesitate to post.

Thanks!

0 Likes