FIOS Quantum Pixelation/Pausing - Help!
DJ_LPM

Just signed up for the Quantum Preferred TV with 75/75 internet.  1 VMS/2 satellite. 

The satellite in the upstairs bedroom keeps getting pixelated/pausing/audio cutting out.  We've had a tech visit at least 4 times.  They've swapped out the splitters/tested for good MOCA/etc.  Upon a full cold reboot of everything, it won't happen for an hour or two, and then it will come back.  It happens randomly like every five minutes or so. 

We haven't noticed it on the VMS or the downstairs satellite.  We've tried switiching out the satellite box.  No help.  We just swapped in the new internet modem and its still happening. 

Anyone have any other ideas?  We can try switching out the VMS, but I can't see how that is the problem, since the other satellite and the VMS tv's are working fine. 

Thanks in advance,

DJ_LPM  

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Quantum Pixelation/Pausing - Help!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go in to settings- system information

Hit info Key.

What is your moca rate on the 2 satellites (listed in lower right hand corner)

0 Likes
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

"

Go in to settings- system information

Hit info Key.

What is your moca rate on the 2 satellites (listed in lower right hand corner)"

What should it be?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure what it should be.

But I have in the 600 range and everything works fine.

Its also a good way to compare when you have good performance on on box and not the other.

If one has a lower MOCA rate, then you know you have a cabling issue (most probably).
Swapping boxes around would eliminate a box problem to help confirm.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Since you already swapped the splitter. It is either a bad coxial cable or a bad client. Try and follow the path of the coaxial cable and check for any staples through the wire or damaged areas.

0 Likes