FIOS Remote P265 Turns on Tv and DVD
dmwesq
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought a new Vizio TV and went to program the remote to work with the TV. I followed the directions using both the play button method, the channel up and down button method, and the entering of the TV code (424 for Vizio) and each method works, but at the same time it also turns on my Sony Bluray player every time we turn on the TV. These devices don't share the same code, at least not from what I have found online, so why is it programming my Bluray and the TV?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS Remote P265 Turns on Tv and DVD
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@tennisnut15 wrote:

I bought a new Vizio TV and went to program the remote to work with the TV. I followed the directions using both the play button method, the channel up and down button method, and the entering of the TV code (424 for Vizio) and each method works, but at the same time it also turns on my Sony Bluray player every time we turn on the TV. These devices don't share the same code, at least not from what I have found online, so why is it programming my Bluray and the TV?

You need to turn off HDMI-CEC on the Vizio TV menu. The TV is turning on the DVD player.

View solution in original post

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@tennisnut15 wrote:

You need to turn off HDMI-CEC on the Vizio TV menu. The TV is turning on the DVD player.

dmwesq
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks. That seemed to work. Oddly enough with the Vizio TV apparently only some of the functions work with the FIOS remote. I can't get the mute button or the input button to work but other functions seem OK.

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@tennisnut15 wrote:

Thanks. That seemed to work. Oddly enough with the Vizio TV apparently only some of the functions work with the FIOS remote. I can't get the mute button or the input button to work but other functions seem OK.

Problem is manufacturers change the programming from year to year on their products and eventually a code that worked for one years model doesnt work for the next. Did you try any other codes for Vizio?