FIOS Remote with Multiple Boxes
thequinns

Has anyone had any luck controlling multiple fios boxes with independent remotes.

I am interested in locating my 3 boxes in one location and accessing them with independent remotes.

Example:  Remote A to Box A....   Remote B to Box B etc...  

Any ideas or suggestions welcome....

thank you.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Remote with Multiple Boxes
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

Hi, not sure it's clear what you are trying to do here when you say, "controlling multiple fios boxes with independent remotes".

Under most circumstances each box should have its own "independent remote" that controls that box and/or TV. 

0 Likes
sgip2000

I believe the OP is asking of it's possible to set each STB up to have it's own discrete IR code so that 1 remote doesn't change the channel on all the boxes.

0 Likes
Donald_Linbin
Contributor - Level 1

I've not done it myself but the dvr boxes have an ir port you can connect something you buy at radio shack that can get that taken care of for you.

0 Likes
thequinns3

Thank you for the response.   That is exactly what I am trying to do.  Control a single stb with an independent remote.

The ideal situation would be to modify a frequency on the remote which we do not seem to have the ability to do.

I have the stb's which have the ir input on the back and a verizon supplied ir receiver...   I have tried to lengthen the ir receiver using a mini stereo cable as they have the same jack type connections but it doesnt seem to work when doing so.

Just curious if anyone has had any luck with additional hardware i.e. rf remotes etc ...  which might allow you to configure independent zones etc...

thanks

0 Likes
Donald_Linbin
Contributor - Level 1

I've never heard anything about it, I imagine radio shack will have a converter so you can use fm instead of ir, that would probably cost a pretty penny though.  I would just go to radio shack and best but and see what type of stuff they have for that.

0 Likes