Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

FIOS SD Box Locks Up and will not respond to remote

samuelrodgers
Contributor
Contributor

FIOS SD Box Locks Up and will not respond to remote

Message 1 of 2
(2,563 Views)

After a day or so of operation the SD settop box fails to respond to any remote commands, not even turn on/off.  New batteries make no difference, nor does distance to the box.  It cannotbe turned off from the front panel buttons either. The only thing that has been found to work is to turn off the power to it and let it reboot.  After it comes on line it takes a minute or so before I can change the channel.  This happens for each channel in succession for a few more minutes then it seems ok.  After a while it again stops responding and I reboot all over again.  It acts like a PC with memory leaks.  Is it possible that it is running out of memory?  Has anyone else seen this?

1 REPLY 1
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: FIOS SD Box Locks Up and will not respond to remote

Message 2 of 2
(2,547 Views)

Sounds like the box is failing.

Does it have adequate airflow around it?

Will have to contact support to get a replacement 1800Verizon.

BTW, I am not sure they are still providing SD box replacements.

And pricing of HD box may be quite similar.

You can connect a HD box to a SD tv BTW.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.