Today I was moving where my FIOS Quantum router is located to improve wifi signal and got a nasty shock when touching the Coax cable coming from my FIOS STB (Motorola QIP7100 2). I pulled out a voltage tester and it confirmed that the coax had live power. After some digging with a voltage tester, a multimeter, and an outlet tester I found that the STB itself was sending 42 Volts of AC power through all of the outputs.
To me this seems like it's faulty. I confirmed that it's doing this on multiple outlets/circuits that are properly grounded and that it occurs just on the STB when it's plugged in to nothing else. I wanted to confirm that this is not by design before reaching out to Verizon. Thanks.
Solved! Go to Solution.