FIOS Samsung TV App Problems
Doug_W

The App would be great if it worked consistently.  I was hoping that by upgrading from 20/5 to 75/35 the issue would go away, but no dice.  It worked flawlessly from 4:00-5:00, then when I turned it back on at 7:30, it has what appears to be buffering problems every 30 seconds.  Pandora, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime & Netflix all work flawlessly, so I know it isn't an issue with the TV connecting to the network.  Based on the time issues, it seems to be an issue at the source.

I started a chat session with FIOS Support and their first suggestion was to contact Samsung! I explained that this is the only app with problems on the TV, then my support session was cut off.

Any suggestions out there?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Samsung TV App Problems
theroys88

Not your Samsung. It is a problem with Verizon's end.  Contact with anyone who knows about this is difficult and when you do find someone they give crytpic answers.  Basically they laid a bad egg and they have no idea how to fix it. They are keeping this quiet and giving limited info other then they are aware of the problem and it is being addressed.  I have been dealing with this issue for 5 months. Looking at the forums it seems this has been going on since they expanded to 75 channels.  Xifinity app works perfect. Here is the lates response I recieved from Verizon via facebook: 

0 Likes
WaltN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently tried this on my Samsung Blu Ray player.  I had the same experience as the other posters here.  There are so many buffering issues, the app is useless.  As others, netflix works just fine.  I have 50/25 internet, and it is running at rated speed according to Speak Easy.  Looks like a Verizon FIOS issue to me as well.

0 Likes
Rynostar
Enthusiast - Level 2
It appears that the fios tv app for samsung tvs is failing at least in hd. Non hd channels stream fine but the hd channels are locking up. I've noticed the same effect on Xbox. Apple ipad 4 and iPhone 5 work fine. Perhaps version should lower the hd channels to sd. Doesn't do much for me as I bought a Samsung 6300 series tv specifically to use the app but alas I'm either gonna take it back or learn to live with it. As a point of reference. HBO Go, Amazon prime and Netflix stream flawlessly through wifi. Fios hd tv app needs some work. Anyone out there have a fix?
0 Likes
Rynostar
Enthusiast - Level 2
Low and behold the app started working don't know why it works now although I did uninstall and reinstall the app again. ( 5th time). Perhaps one of the fios wizards read my comments. I was about ready to pack up the tv ( samsung 6300) and return it. Now it's a keeper
0 Likes