Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

FIOS TV App: Channels not available for streaming on iPhone

JTG79
Contributor
Contributor

FIOS TV App: Channels not available for streaming on iPhone

Message 1 of 2
(462 Views)

I recently switched from a Samsung S10+ to an iPhone 12 Pro Max. While on the S10+, I was able to watch FiOS TV from anywhere (e.g., Network TV, HBO, Redzone...Basically any channel I was subscribed to through my cable subscription).  Now, on the iPhone, I get a message on these channels that says, “Channel unavailable for streaming. Availability is determined by a device location or connectivity with Fios router.”Again, prior to iPhone I never had this issue. Is this iPhone specific?

1 REPLY 1
clem53
Gold Contributor III Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: FIOS TV App: Channels not available for streaming on iPhone

Message 2 of 2
(374 Views)

@JTG79 wrote:

I recently switched from a Samsung S10+ to an iPhone 12 Pro Max. While on the S10+, I was able to watch FiOS TV from anywhere (e.g., Network TV, HBO, Redzone...Basically any channel I was subscribed to through my cable subscription).  Now, on the iPhone, I get a message on these channels that says, “Channel unavailable for streaming. Availability is determined by a device location or connectivity with Fios router.”Again, prior to iPhone I never had this issue. Is this iPhone specific?

You need to be at home the first time you use the app on the phone for it to get registered with the router. After that you should be able to use it anywhere.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title